The Program Operator Consortium advocates for more useful environmental product transparency solutions and to reduce complexity in the marketplace by:
- Standardizing how LCA-based standards for reporting product environmental performance get created
- Providing improved reports to help decision-makers specify materials and products
- Combining efforts to improve access to and recognition of manufacturers’ product declarations
We are doing this by:
- Serving as an expert resource and advocate for creating PCRs, LCAs, and verifying Type III environmental declarations (EPDs and Sustainable Minds (SM) Transparency Reports™)
- Providing education programs to showcase their value and use
- Providing the North American PCR and POC EPD catalogs through the POC website, a credible and free resource for the marketplace
- Providing the SM Transparency Catalog, which includes all manufacturers who have invested in transparency and features those with EPDs from POC members
The Program Operator Consortium (POC) was founded in November 2015 by four key green-building stakeholder organizations: ASTM International, ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), NSF Sustainability, and Sustainable Minds with the goal to provide simpler, standardized, and more useful solutions. The POC was created to bring consistency and clout to the LCA, PCR, & Type III environmental declaration arena and to provide a platform for service providers to share their ideas.
Since its inception, the POC has made great strides in achieving its goals of reducing complexity and increasing transparency in this field. Many of the original goals have been achieved, and now the POC is broadening its membership and defining the next phase of priorities.
We invite you to be recognized as a proponent of simplification and standardization delivering more useful and valuable environmental reporting tools to the marketplace. Contact us >