Trade associations, manufacturers or other organizations seeking the development of a PCR can work with any of the program operators in the Consortium following the POC process.
- Manufacturer(s) and/or trade association(s) initiates the PCR development through one of the Consortium members.
- The program operator (PO) alerts the other Consortium members and initiates the background material (LCA/PCR) search.
- The PO convenes an industry stakeholder group and runs the PCR development process according to its governance document.
- The PCR is developed using the PO’s template, which is in the process of aligning with the Program Operator Consortium / Sustainable Minds (POC/SM) Part A.
- The SM Technical Advisory Board (TAB) maintains Part A and its alignment and harmonization with applicable standards and guidelines. Each POC member has a representative on the TAB.
- The draft PCR is posted for public review and sent to Consortium members for broader distribution – subsequent stakeholder group meetings and revisions occur as required.
- LCA experts, volunteer SMEs and the SM TAB conduct a third-party review of the PCR.
- • The Program Operator Consortium branding is then added to the cover of the final PCR.
- The PCR is posted in the PCR Catalog (on the POC web site) and announced to the industry.