Trade associations, manufacturers, or other organizations seeking the development of a PCR can work with any of the program operators in the Consortium following the POC process.
- Manufacturer(s) and/or trade association(s) initiates the PCR development through one of the Consortium members.
- The program operator (PO) alerts the other Consortium members and initiates the background material (LCA/PCR) search.
- The PO convenes an industry stakeholder group and runs the PCR development process according to its governance document.
- The PCR is developed using the PO’s own PCR template.
- LCA experts and volunteer SMEs conduct a third-party review of the PCR.
- The draft PCR is posted for public review – subsequent stakeholder group meetings and revisions occur as required.
- The PCR is posted in the PCR Catalog (on the POC website) and announced to the industry.